Twitch TV chat is one of the biggest highlights of the streaming platform. In addition to bringing together the entire community interested in the channel or the content transmitted, it allows an accessible form of contact with the person who is conducting the broadcast, adding a great social function within Twitch.
- Tips to get more out of your Twitch account
- Learn how to stream on Twitch
- Twitch TV: How to appeal the suspension of login
The chat also has exclusive features, such as exclusive emotes, benefits for channel subscribers and specific commands. These features have different functions aimed at viewers, moderators and streamers, performing actions that vary from changing the color of the icon to blocking users. To use them, download and type in the comments box. See below some of the main ones!
Twitch TV: main commands for chat
- "/ mods": displays the names of the channel's chat moderators;
- "/ vips": displays, if any, the VIP users of a channel;
- "/ color" + color name: changes the color of the name of the profile in the chat. The color names available for normal users are: Blue, Coral, DodgerBlue, SpringGreen, YellowGreen, Green, OrangeRed, Red, GoldenRod, HotPink, CadetBlue, SeaGreen, Chocolate, BlueViolet and Firebrick. Twitch Turbo users can enter a hexadecimal code to change the color;
- "/ block" + user name: blocks all messages sent by a profile in the chat;
- "/ unblock" + user name: unblock previously silenced profiles;
- "/ me" + message text: highlights the comment with a colored background. However, its use can be considered spam on some channels;
- "/ disconnect": disconnect the profile from the chat server;
- "/ w" + username + message text: send a "Whisper", sending a private message;
- "/ mod" + username: transform a profile into a chat moderator;
- "/ unmod" + username: remove a user from the moderator list;
- "/ vip" + username: gives a user VIP status on the channel. Only channels with 50 followers and 5 people chatting at the same time are able to use the function;
- "/ unvip" + username: remove the VIP status.
- "/ user" + username: brings more information about a profile, such as the date of registration on the platform, number of comments, bans, among others;
- "/ timeout" + username: perform a 10-minute ban on a user in the chat;
- "/ ban" + username: perform a permanent ban from the chat.